Thread: do you ?
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: do you ? - March 14th 2009, 04:36 PM

You're right that it's almost impossible to go cold turkey on SH, and it's much better when you know that you're not alone in trying to quit. I know that most self-harmers WANT to quit, it's just hard to commit to what seems like an impossible task. Just concentrate on going clean for one day at a time, don't worry about how many days you've stacked up in a row. If you can stay clean for today, that's all you have to think about. Tomorrow isn't even in the equation; you don't have to think about it until it happens. If the Alternatives sticky at the top of this section would help you, try going through it when you're low and making up your own personalized methods for distracting yourself. Also facing some of the things that tend to bother you, or changing your life situation in some positive way (large or small) can help. It's a long process, and I'm currently trying to quit myself lately I've concentrated on doing half the damage when I DO slip up, as a way to work it down. However, obviously your goal should be to just have a better alternative overall so eventually you won't desire it anymore. When you stop for good, it'll be cause you've found things that are so much better you don't even want to do it anymore. Good luck, dear! PM me if you wanna talk about this or anything else.

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

PM me about whatever :-)
-Marissa