View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Des1615 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Des

Points: 9,222, Level: 14 Points: 9,222, Level: 14 Points: 9,222, Level: 14

If you are thinking about cutting read. - February 26th 2012, 04:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

If you are thinking to cut for the first time, don't. Cause self harm is an addiction. Once you're in, it's hard to get the hell out. It's dangerous and it can spiral out of control in a heart beat. Self harm turns into your drug. You need it when you'er upset and eventually you'll need it all the time. You'll like the cutting so you'll start trying out different forms of self harm, like burning, biting, bruising, scratching. Each one getting more severe each time. Self harm does nothing but make the situation worse. It causes more pain than there already is, for you and the people who love you. You're friends, family will be worried about you and if you don't stop they'll eventually give up. You'll hate the scars, but just get more because you can't stop. You'll feel alone because it's you're body that's covered in cuts. Then by the time you stopped. you'll have tons of scars, and they'll take a while to fade.. if they even do. They get harder and harder to cover up as the spread, and people start asking questions, which trust you, they arn't easy to answer. you won't able to wear short sleeved tops, tank tops, ect. After a while it will make you really self conscious. You'll start to do more cuts and deeper one over a period of time which means more blood, more pain. It makes you feel guilty for ruining your own body. You end up turning against people to hide your secret. Having to tell someone you've cut hurts and seeing their reaction hurts even more. There isn't a magical cure for self harm, you can't just do it then stop when you feel like it, you need help. You feel like there's no escape and you're gonna be stuck with self harm forever. Self harm doesn't heal the pain, it only delays it. So if you're thinking about start cutting Please don't. It soon becomes a quick fix to every little problem.

''why did I cut?'' It was the way of expressing my own shame of myself. And there were some times where my emotions were just so built up, I didn't know what to do. The only way that I could get instant gratification was through an immediate release on myself. In fact I was never really trying to kill myself But I knew that if I'd ever gone to far then I wouldn't care..
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.