Thread: Semester off
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Semester off - March 2nd 2012, 01:42 AM

At the end of the day, you need to do what you feel is best for you. Forget about what your parents, friends, and other people say and think about your decisions. You said that you've switched majors and colleges a number of times, so it doesn't seem like you ever figured out what it is that you want. I suggest that you take some time to think about that. It's really important that you do.

Sure, you're still young and have your whole life ahead of you. But I would recommend that you strongly consider your future because it's very important that you have some kind of general idea. I would recommend that you take time off school. I would have recommended this two years ago, really. After a third major change, I think it's time to really sit down and think about what you truly want. You'll always be unsure about what you want but it's so important to feel comfortable with a general path that will lead you somewhere you want to be.

Be open and honest with your parents. They may be upset/disappointed initially, but this is what's best for you at this point. There really is no advantage whatsoever to staying in school longer than you already have, not knowing what you want or caring about how you do. All that will get you is more in debt and a shitty transcript.

SUP BRO.