View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Prayer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Points: 7,665, Level: 12 Points: 7,665, Level: 12 Points: 7,665, Level: 12

Re: Curious what people of (any) religion have to say about this..? - March 2nd 2012, 07:30 PM

People generally believe in their god or religion by accident of birth, that is to say where they are born decides who/what they believe in. This alone is enough to make me seriously doubt most people's reasoning for their religious belief. They didn't make up their own minds, they got religion hammered into their heads by simply being around it, and are carrying other people's convictions.

I've long stopped trying to talk sense into anyone though. It's something that has zero solid basis for belief, as that is like trying to change some one's taste in music through logical arguments, it is not based on reason or logic. I can only assume it's a defense mechanism against the idea of inevitable death, and the feeling of pointlessness that some people get from it. As long as they don't discriminate against race, gender, sexuality, beliefs, etc, I am perfectly fine with people using it as a crutch.