View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
I've been here a while

Name: George

Yogurt and Lactose Intolerence - March 5th 2012, 08:41 PM

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right space, but...

Both my and my friend are sensitive to milk. I've been sensitive for like, forever, and my friend who has been "sensitive" for about a year (This is a person who says she is things to get attention, and has done things like this before.)

Anyways, we were talking, and she brought up how much she can't stand yogurt, and then I brought up how I can't drink a lot of milk, but if I wanted to, I could eat a lot of yogurt and still feel fine (Usually, after milk I feel a bit uncomfortable) and from what I've found on a site, it says

Quote:
Yogurt
Yogurt containing live active bacteria is believed to improve lactose digestion for the same reason that probiotics are thought to work.

When yogurt is consumed, bile acids disrupt the cell wall of the bacteria in yogurt. This releases the enzyme beta-galactosidase (related to lactase) into the intestines, where it can enhance lactose digestion.

Not any yogurt will do. It must contain live active bacteria.

Although yogurt is a milk product, many people with lactose intolerance do not experience symptoms after eating yogurt, even the kind that doesn't contain live active bacteria.
I know it says "Many" not "All", but the person in question use to drink a lot of milk. I remember plenty of times when she came over she'd have a glass of milk and none of what she says that happens happens.

I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place, but I was wondering about that, so

Can lactose intolerant people have yogurt?

Here's the website that I got it from: http://altmedicine.about.com/od/heal...se_intoler.htm

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave