View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
JSR92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 17,459, Level: 19 Points: 17,459, Level: 19 Points: 17,459, Level: 19

Re: Difference between implantation bleeding and periods? - March 8th 2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
Woman CAN bleed during their pregnancy. For some women, they don't know they are pregnant until they are about 6-12 weeks into their pregnancy, because they mistook implantation bleeding as their period. However, it isn't uncommon to experience some bleeding during pregnancy. If it's light, it's okay. If the bleeding is heavy during your pregnancy, you'll have to consult a doctor because something could be wrong (like a miscarriage taking place or a tear in the placenta).

Now, if you had unprotected sex today, it really depends on when implantation bleeding begins. It depends on whether or not she's ovulating, and how quickly the sperm can make it's way to the egg and even if the egg will be fertilized. Just because you have unprotected sex doesn't mean pregnancy will result, it just means the chances of pregnancy are quite high.

If you're worried that your girlfriend might be pregnant, again, the answers to your questions aren't going to vary much. She needs to take a pregnancy test in order to find out for sure. WE CANNOT TELL YOU IF SHE'S PREGNANT OR NOT. We are not doctors, nor are we pregnancy tests. Worrying constantly and stressing out about it CAN make her period late, so, if you're worried that she might be pregnant, get her to take a pregnancy test or to visit her doctor to have a test done there.
I understand. Thank you for the help. One of the main reason why I seek answers online is because where we live it is not easy for teens to get a pregnancy test or go to a doctor regarding this issue WITHOUT the parents knowing about it.

I have not told her that there's a chance that she might be pregnant and she doesn't know it either so she cannot be worrying about this. The only reason why I haven't told her is so she doesn't stress about it which can cause her period to be late. Her period was due on 9th but it started today (8th). So I'm hoping that this bleeding is of periods and not implantation. From what I read, implantation bleeding is only a few drops and does only last a day or two.

You said that it is not uncommon for a woman to bleed during pregnancy. But she CANNOT have periods in pregnancy right? A woman can know for sure that whether she is having periods or if it is something else, right?

Could she have gotten periods if she had gotten pregnant? No, right? If the bleeding lasts for 6-7 days and she thinks that it was normal, then this was her periods, right? And periods mean no pregnancy, right?

It wasn't very likely for her to get pregnant as I never had intercourse with her. I only ejaculated ON her vagina a couple of times. I know doing this can possibly result in a pregnancy but its not very likely.