Originally Posted by Biohazard320
I'd like to clear up a few things about Christianity, because there are people out there who make us look like assholes, when what they do is not what the Bible teaches AT ALL. I've been Catholic my entire life, and I've always been teased for it, and it does hurt me.
1. Jesus associated with whores and tax collectors (bad people at that time), therefore it is un-Christian to ridicule anyone for any reason whatsoever.
2. We're supposed to evangelize, i.e, spread the faith, but by no means is it ok when people try to force it on you.
3. If you read the "Catechism of the Catholic Church," (the CCC), which puts our teachings in plain English, there is a section that says IT IS OK TO BE HOMOSEXUAL, because you can't change it, it is only a sin when you ACT upon homosexual impulses
4. Yes our faith has flaws, but so does everything else in this world. Please, don't judge the entire convent by one bad nun.
5. Please try to remember that you hurt people when you ridicule Christianity. I know there are Christians that have hurt some of you, and I apologize for them, but I'm asking you to consider trying to treat others you would like to be treated, and try to avoid hurting the rest of us.
3. Utter bullshit. It's ridiculous stopping someone acting on a desire that won't harm anyone. God gave us free will but if you don't do as I say you'll be harshly punished.
There idea of restricting people for their sexual orientation is archaic.
4. I'd like to think people don't do that.
5. There's a difference between criticising beliefs and the believer is important. If you're secure enough with your beliefs and have the ability to defend them then you'll see the difference. If not you'll just assume they're attacking you personally. Scepticism is good for the development of the individual instead of just accepting anything that is told to you.
I agree anyway, attacking the person is stupid and unnecessary. If you can't hold your beliefs up, what's the point in talking about them here?