View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: helping my ex.. - March 13th 2012, 09:56 PM

Hey there,

Unfortunately there isn't much you yourself can do. Of course you can be there for him, and I'd encourage you to be so as long as it's not going to harm you, but he will have to deal with this at some point himself. If I were you, I'd offer him my support but also advise him to talk to someone professional about what he is going through. A break up is hard for anyone, and so it is natural for him to be upset about it and to possibly return to old thoughts, however he can overcome this, and if he needs his space that's completely understandable.

Basically, what I'm saying is don't smother him because you're worried. Sometimes people need some space to deal with their emotions in a healthy way and being watched over may not be helpful for him personally. However do be there for him if he needs it and you want to be. Just remember there may be a line and you should take note of that.

In any case I hope he manages to pull through this. Let me know if you need any extra support with dealing with this yourself and I'll be happy to help you if I'm able to.
Keep your chin up.
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung