View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14

Re: Is it me or the doctor.. - March 15th 2012, 08:33 PM

Maybe you just have weaker bones and muscles than other people, but long-term twitches may be the result of a neurological condition, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease; a severe neuromuscular disease that causes muscle weakness and disability.) Also, if your twitches don't go away, it could be because you've had a brain injury or you could, I don't want to scare you, have a brain tumor. Its highly unlikely though, but I do advise you to push your doctor into looking more into it. Especially if its not going away by itself, obviously something is causing it to happen.

On a more less-scary note, your twitches could also be caused by anxiety, caffeine consumption or other drugs, medication side-effects, stress, or if you go for a walk/run, when you come back your legs could be twitching.

There are a lot of long term side effects if your twitches don't stop, which I wont get into, but please do speak to your doctor again. He cant say no to a worried patient. If he continues to not do anything about this, then I think it would be smart to talk to a different, more serious, doctor Let me know how it goes! Good luck!

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire