(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: i cant stop cutting . - March 21st 2012, 06:50 PM

Hi there :-)

Firstly, it's great that you've come to us for some help and support. By you posting this, it really does help me think that part of you does want to stop, wants the help to stop, but that you don't really know how or why.

Firstly, Laura had some very good advice. Don't look at not having cuts on your arms in a negative way. Not having cuts, is extremely positive. Ir proves that actually, you don't need self harm and you are stronger than the urges. You should check out the butterfly project because it means you having something on your skin which might help you. Try looking through the list of alternatives too. There are other things like putting red nail varnish, pens on your skin to resemble a cut which helps some people but they're other things like walking, going out with friends, watching a film, having a bath, doing work etc that might help too. It's all about trial and error because not everything, works for everyone.

I've struggled with self harm for a long time now and like you, this time last year I was hurting myself badly and needing medical attention. And Charli is right, blood loss can cause serious problems. I became anemic because of it and was passing out a few times a day and throwing up but it could get to a point where you need a blood transfusion. And then it could be worse. You could cut yourself too deep and it could lead death. You could get a cut infected and in a worse case it can lead to amputation.

I was put in to hospital for eighteen weeks and I'm still getting help. I was just wondering whether you're getting any help for your issues? I don't know what's caused you to feel so low that you started self harming but if you want to talk to us about it you're more than welcome to do so. At least try talking to someone. Us, a friend, family members, a teacher, a school nurse, a doctor, they all care, we all care and we can try and help you if you let us is.

Just remember, as hard as it is, you're in control of your actions and in the end, the only person who can stop you from hurting yourself, is you. No one else can stop you from self harming. We can listen to you and give you advice but it's up to you to take out advice and turn it in to an action. You can do this you just need to stay positive, distract yourself and work through the problems. Remember, being self harm free is positive. You're worth a lot more than the pain you cause yourself and you don't deserve it at all.

Keep your chin up,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018