TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Trayvon Martin - March 25th 2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
Fourth, when Zimmerman called 911 to report Trayvon, the operator told him directly that he didn't need to do this. Zimmerman ignored this request by law enforcement. What could go wrong?
Actually he was told he didn't need to follow the guy by a civilian phone operator. But yeah, he shouldn't have followed the guy.

Quote:
Fifth, Zimmerman was not arrested b/c under the 'Stand your ground' law, he did nothing illegal. The law supports this behavior, therefore, he is not subject to immediate arrest. The outrage is that murder here is basically protected. What would need to happen is a demonstration that Zimmerman acted not out of 'Imminent threat', but rather from other motives. To no avail for Trayvon, however.
Zimmerman was found with grass stains on his back and multiple injuries to his face concurrent with getting punched.

The law is fine, the problem is idiots.

Quote:
What needs to be comprehensively addressed is how these types of laws are passed in the first place, and a recognition that they are not at all in the public good. Until then, the least we can do is recognize that although 'Things happen', we do not need to perpetuate a culture that not only makes them more likely, but also dismisses them.

Except that they are in the public good. Welfare is in the public good, but we don't abolish it because people abuse it. Some idiot abused a good self defense law. That doesn't mean we should abolish it.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.