TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Trayvon Martin - March 26th 2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
The second is that the cause of this incident, which is really the issue and is currently being overlooked, at least in this discussion here, is that there's a law on the books in Florida that basically puts people with guns on the street with the clear intent of finding situations they believe they can use them. That's called 'incitement'.
Actually that's not what the law on the books says, but nice try on the leading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
There's no doubt *something* occurred between Trayvon and Zimmerman, but the issue is if it necessarily needed to happen, and who was responsible...and what society can do to prevent it. Trayvon wasn't doing anything illegal, and as a result, Zimmerman really had no reason (or justification) for getting in his face. He is not a law enforcement official! So, Zimmerman used a law to justify violating someone's rights (to be walking down the street) to incite a situation based on his race and appearance, without any authority to expect Trayvon's compliance, provoking a situation that might have turned into a self defensive one, and then standing the law on it's head to justify killing him. The point is, he didn't have either the authority or the 'Probable cause' in the first place to even stop him.
Except that Zimmerman didn't get in his face. Zimmerman followed him for a bit, then disengaged and started to return to his vehicle, moving away from Martin. THEN Martin attacked him and tried to bash his skull in.

Both parties were in the wrong. Zimmerman shouldn't have followed him, but Martin had absolutely zero right to attack and beat someone who was walking away from him.

And you need to stop using Martin's death as a soapbox from which to promote your emotionally charged "anti-self defense" agenda.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.