(#25 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Trayvon Martin - March 26th 2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
SO, there's a new report out on the whole thing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nat...143,full.story

If it's legit, then it's really going to change the entire perception of the case. Although I can't speak for how credible the article is, so if anyone can affirm or dissaffirm, please do so.

EDIT:

Here's another. Yahoo news.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-...-abc-news.html

Well... when you have two separate sources both saying the same thing... that pretty much seals it.

If Zimmerman had stopped following him and was walking away, and Martin came around and attacked him from behind, that's on Martin.
But that doesn't seem to be what happened. According to what his girlfriend heard over the phone Martin simply asked Zimmerman why he was following him. From there the confrontation started. If Zimmerman had never followed Martin in the first place this would not have happened, whether or not this is murder Zimmerman is still directly responsible for the confrontation that ended Martin's life. Martin reacted as I feel many guys would, I feel like the standard reaction for a big guy who is being followed around at night would be to just confront the follower. After all he was in a gated community why would Martin think Zimmerman was carrying a weapon?
Should Martin have hit Zimmerman, probably not, but he certainly didn't deserve to be shot for his overreaction.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.