Thread: Triggering: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman
View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: Trayvon Martin - March 26th 2012, 07:41 PM

Ben, you've already made up your mind here, there's not much point in my continuing. You're not hearing me.

I'm not 'anti self defense'. This isn't a case of self defense, if anything it's developing into one of incitement and provocation to the point where self defense was necessary. I AM for rational laws that protect people, rather than give those who are loosely put together in the first place the legal rights and protections to act on their own faulty judgments. Zimmerman confused the "Self defense' clause to mean that he has the authority to stop and confront a stranger who was not engaged in an illegal activity of any kind. In short, he over played his hand and got more than he bargained for, and is now hiding behind the law.

The point is, Zimmerman provoked a lethal situation with the help of Florida law. That's not 'Self defense', that's incitement. Laws shouldn't be written which allow people to do things they shouldn't be doing it the first place (playing cops and robbers with live ammo), only to have it escalate to the point where the law basically exonerates them for acting lethally on a situation of their own creation.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

Last edited by Dr.Bobby; March 26th 2012 at 07:48 PM.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.