(#22 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Abortion? - April 8th 2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani99 View Post
I never said that conception started at 2-3 weeks. I said that normally people don't know they're pregnant until around then. But, the mother has her own body and the child has it's own body. The mother can do what she wants with her body, but she should leave the child be. If it's not going to kill her or harm her life in any way, why rid of the child and take away it's right to live? As a human, although it hasn't fully developed (but still human), it has a right to live unless the mother says so. To me, that's no different than my mother deciding I'm a bother so she wants to kill me.
Completely different because a group of cells is not a human. And at the time that abortions are allowed the fetus doesn't really have a body, it's a group of cells with the potential to become a human but it is NOT a person. It doesn't see, or breath, or have emotions, it hasn't lived, it does not get more rights than a full blown human being.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin