View Single Post
  (#65 (permalink)) Old
Henry Tyrell Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 8,930, Level: 13 Points: 8,930, Level: 13 Points: 8,930, Level: 13

Re: Abortion? - April 8th 2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani99 View Post
I mean, I would care if she was raped and that's terrible. But, the fetus shouldn't have to die because of it. It didn't do anything wrong. The mother should give it a chance at life instead of just throwing it out like it's a piece of trash just because the father is a piece of trash.

I don't know. If I were raped, abortion wouldn't half way cross my mind. Adoption probably wouldn't even cross my mind. I think life is precious, and potential life deserves the right to have that chance to live. I wouldn't call the woman a callous harlot, because that's a rather bold and untrue term to use. But, I would think that the mother should give her child a chance at living.
I used those words to avoid using the b-word.

However, my point was that you stated that you don't care what the woman's circumstances are nor her feelings toward her pregnancy- in your mind, she should/must/is required to carry out the pregnancy and all it comes with: eating the correct diet, doctor's visits, and of course hospital bills for the actual birth.

Even if she doesn't want to. Because of course, if she did dangerous things to the baby while pregnant (excessive drinking for example) she'd be just as guilty for killing her "baby" as she would have been had she aborted it, right? Or does that not count?