View Single Post
  (#130 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Abortion? - April 8th 2012, 11:33 PM

I am pro-choice for several reasons:

1. Keeping abortion legal will promote regulated abortions. If abortions were to become illegal, abortions wouldn't just magically stop happening. As humans, we are very resourceful. If a teenager can get easy access to weed, then there's always a possibility that a teenager can get easy access to people who are willing to do abortions...which...may be a problem. Unregulated abortions is something that I'm against, so I will not be "pro-life" because that would mean that I support unregulated abortion. In which case...I'm definitely pro-choice.
2. Pro-life and pro-choice are both pro-choice, but towards different parties. Pro-choice are pro-choice to the mothers who carry the fetus, while pro-life are pro-choice to the babies. Essentially they are saying that a baby is more important than its own mother. To me, that's not cool. If I were a pregnant mother, I definitely wouldn't support a group who values a baby more than its mother.
3. With 5 seconds of research, I found that some adoption services are suffering because people aren't willing to adopt (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/r...check-adoption). If I loved my child, I would rather end it's life while still in the womb than to put it up for adoption, like an animal, only with the chance that it may or may not ever be adopted within a certain period of time.
4. From what I've experienced, pro-life are more ignorant than pro-choice. I've seen a lot more pro-life people say that pro-choicers don't care about killing a baby than I've seen pro-choicers say that all pro-life people are religious. Maybe it's a personal bias, but I'd rather be in the group who is less ignorant than the other group. I can understand why someone would be pro-life and can still disagree with it, but I would expect the same...understand why abortions would be done even if you don't agree with it.
5. It's her body.

I'm sure I could think of more, but I've seen the way that abortion threads go...I'd give it about 3 more pages of back and forth arguments until a moderator decides to close it when someone gets upset.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.