~Mr. Self Destruct~ Offline
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Points: 12,802, Level: 16 Points: 12,802, Level: 16 Points: 12,802, Level: 16

Re: Abortion? - April 8th 2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani99 View Post
But those who take that option are taking away the child/fetus/baby's right to live.
OK, I'm going to quote this because if the profound nature it has in the pro-life community. If someone "takes away" their rights to live, and that should be punishable, would it be reasonable to sanction someone for wearing a condom? And should their partner also be punished for letting them? After all, that's disallowing a living thing from creating a "life" by fertilization, which requires all 46 chromosomes. Because that's a potential life.
There are soooooo many arguments against that statement, I just thought I'd introduce a less-than-frequented one. :P
Anyway, I'm pro-choice. Not primarily because I hold the belief that life does not begin at conception, although that certainly factors in. I'm a proponent to pro-choice because of women's rights. Hardly anyone chooses to abort on a whim. It's a hard decision, not taken lightly. But even more than that, who is anyone to tell a woman what she can do with her own body?
I haven't seen s convincing argument addressing that life behind at conception to date, and that has been another major reason I'm firmly pro-choice.

One million miles away...