Re: When is it okay to text someone something? -
April 12th 2012, 03:03 AM
1. You want to share your feelings with a person you've recently met.
I'd say AT LEAST on the phone because that's more personal.
2. You want to ask a girl/boy you recently met out on a date.
Text is fine for this one since you're just planning the meetup.
3. You had a really great date with someone, and you want to ask if they want to meet up again.
Same as question 2.
4. You have been with someone for quite sometime and you want to tell them you love them.
Say this one in person, since it's so much miore personal this way.
5. You have been with someone for quite sometime, but you have a crush on someone else (but still love the person that you're with).
AT LEAST do this one over the phone even if saying it to their face would be a bit more polite. You have to make sure they know that they're the one that you still want to be with and doing it over text takes away the emotion.
6. There is a boy/girl who keeps hitting on you at work/school, and you want to tell them to leave you alone.
Text is fine, it might save a confrontation.
7. You cheated on your partner (kissed/had sex with another) and you want to tell them.
Oh God, definitely in person. Those things should NOT be found out over text, EVER. At least show some concern over their feelings.
8. (assume you're a boy for this one) You've just found out that your ex had a baby three years ago, and the child is yours. You want to tell your current partner about the baby.
In person, you'll have a lot to talk about and you definitely need to be there for your current partner.
9. You want to tell your parents that you and your partner got engaged.
Phonecall would be fine, but at least for ME, I'd prefer doing it in person to see my parents' reaction.
10. You want to tell your partner that you're pregnant.
I'd say in person since this is a huuge deal and a big part of a person's life.
11. You want to tell your parents that you're pregnant.
At LEAST a phone, but again, I'd want to see my parents' reaction.
Only a sad man can be a good artist.
Live Help Operator 12/1/11|HelpLINK Mentor 1/26/12|Self Expression Forum Mod 4/23/12|LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Forum Mod 10/8/12|Chat Moderator 12/1/12|]HelpLINK Moderator 2/9/13