View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: My friend is pregnant...for the third time. - April 14th 2012, 07:39 PM

Well, getting the dad involved if she doesn't want that I can respect. If the dad is someone she doesn't feel would good for her baby and what not I don't blame her. Now, usually I don't think it is ok to cut a dad off. After all, it does take 2 to make a baby. But it only takes one to mess a baby up and if the dad would do that I don't blame her. There are custody battles and all this other stuff to have to worry about and what if he doesn't pay child support? And he's moving. What's she going to do? Drive an infant out of the way all the time to see him? Put it on the plane?
And I'm guessing if she won't tell her mom until after the 1st trimester that means in her mind adoption and keeping the baby are her 2 options. So you should support her and help her to what is best for her. Would having the baby derail being able to go to college for her for example? Does the college have a day care? I know in Canada that universities and colleges have to have a day care or at least the major campuses do, but I am not sure how it would work in other countries.