View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
LittleMissOneBigMess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tessa

Points: 9,302, Level: 14 Points: 9,302, Level: 14 Points: 9,302, Level: 14

Re: Raising children into religion. - April 16th 2012, 07:18 AM

I think its much more important to teach your children morals and ethics versus religion. I dont think i will raise my children with a specific religion ( mostly because I do not have one), however I will teach them that there are many different religions out there and they have the freedom to choose whichever one pleases and fits them the most, I'll teach them that its more important to be good people versus having a religion, if they choose one; thats great, if they dont; thats okay too. I want to teach them that having a religion doesnt automatically make you a good person, that believing in God, doesnt make you a better person than anyone else, that who you are and how you treat others determines your character, religion may just add to that. however if my future wife has a religion and she feels she would like to raise our children of that faith, I would be fine with that, as long as she opened them up to other beliefs and the freedom to choose along the way.

"You're never gonna spread your disease,So take your hands off of me"
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 851450 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!