View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
bee Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,105, Level: 14 Points: 10,105, Level: 14 Points: 10,105, Level: 14

Doctor says I'm fine... - April 22nd 2012, 09:15 PM

The first time something weird happened was when I was watching a play with strobe lights in it. It was fast moving, circular shaped strobe lights which is enough to give anyone a headache but I felt extremely horrible. It felt like the blood was rushing to or from my head, my heart was racing like never before, I felt sick, dizzy and faint and had a headache that lingered for a while afterwards. I passed it off as temporary sensitivity as it was pretty much a worse-case scenario.

I have previously been around strobe lights and other flashing lights with no issues. I do have a history of anxiety however.

The second time was during another play that had regular strobe lighting - same headrush and heart racing and I just kept my eyes closed and head down for most of it.

The third time was a few weeks ago when I was watching a movie with strobe lighting in it. This was probably the worst effects I've had from it as I felt anxious and panicky for the rest of the night, plus a huge headache.

I also felt extremely sick when I was watching The Simpsons and they showed one of those spinning hypnosis spiral things and also when there was VERY slow flashes (only one every second or two) from black to white, which is definitely not in the range of what people are usually sensitive to with epilepsy.

I have also been feeling sick when watching TV and playing Xbox games but I don't know if thats just anxiety that there will be flashing lights and have another 'episode'. Even certain music and sounds seems to make me feel nauseous!

Lately I've been experiencing sensitivity to flickering and flashing lights, but I'm considering the fact I may just be imagining this due to my anxiety of having these symptoms again as I am prone to panic attacks.

I read about something called the Bucha effect and flicker vertigo which can apparently cause seizure-type symptoms in those without epilepsy which is something it sounds like rather than epilepsy as I don't have a family history of it and have been around flashing lights before, but then again I have read that epilepsy can be developed at any age.

I went to the doctor but she essentially said if my memory is fine and you don't black out there isn't anything wrong ans I shouldn't worry. However I don't want to have to live my life anxious and have weird effects whenever I see even really slow flashes of light...

What do I even do? I can't keep bothering her and I doubt my mum will make me another dr's appointment...

sooner or later though, you always have to w a k e u p