Thread: Triggering: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman
View Single Post
  (#222 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Trayvon Martin - April 27th 2012, 02:44 PM

The problem is that you are basing your entire opinion of this case on physics and are disregarding all of the actual facts in the case.

Fact 1- Zimmerman was stalking Trayvon
Fact 2- He was doing this because Trayvon was walking by himself and he matched the description of the robbery suspect from the neighborhood.
Fact 3- Zimmerman called the cops
Fact 4- Zimmerman got out of his car to follow Trayvon (IMO the stupid action that caused this whole thing to happen)
Fact 5- The cops told Zimmerman he didn't need to follow Trayvon
Fact 6- Trayvon told his girlfriend on the phone that he was going to confront Zimmerman about following him
Fact 7- Trayvon asked Zimmerman why he was following him and Zimmerman asked back what Trayvon was doing there.
Fact 8- Something physical occurred that caused Trayvon's phone to disconnect.
Fact 9-Trayvon had the upper hand at one point in the fight (this is a fact because Zimmerman had multiple head injuries and to my knowledge the only injury Trayvon had was that he was shot)
Fact 10- Zimmerman shot Trayvon

There there are your facts. From those facts I have formed the following opinion. I am sure that Trayvon was kicking Zimmerman's ass when he was shot. However I am inclined to believe that Zimmerman began the physical confrontation, which means that the shooting was not in self defense. Now it's true that belief does not come from facts, it simply comes from Zimmerman making the stupid move to get out of his car. There was no reason for him to get out of the damn car. That leads me to believe he was prepping for a physical confrontation. And then when Trayvon started asking Zimmerman about why he was following him I think Zimmerman might have gone a bit gung ho and maybe pushed Trayvon. And if that happened then it's not self defense. Though I also don't believe it's 2nd degree murder either.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.