View Single Post
  (#311 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22

Re: Do you have a mental illness? - April 30th 2012, 12:31 AM

Well, I did post before here, and before that, said this: "So, I'm not changing my answer on the poll since I'm still in the diagnostic process, but I've officially been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.

I'm still sure I have Bipolar Disorder as well, since I've had Manic episodes, but the psychiatrist I'm seeing isn't taking the Mania seriously, so I'm going to get a 2nd opinion, I hope. Especially since I've had symptoms exclusive to Bipolar Disorder, symptoms exclusive to Borderline Personality Disorder, AND the crossover symptoms too."

Since then, I've [pretty much, unofficially?] been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder as well. How did I get this conclusion? Not only did the psychiatric nurse I saw at the Mood Disorder Clinic [while reading off the psychiatrist's files] mentioned Hypomanic episodes (Mania has never been confirmed, but it needs to be evaluated by a psych while in progress apparently), and the medications they want to try with me are meant for treating Bipolar Disorder. I'd say it's fairly explanatory, considering that, along with the past symptoms I've had.

So, basically, to summarize, I have Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Anxiety Disorder.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation