(#226 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Abortion? - April 30th 2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
It has a heartbeat at four weeks, and brain wave activity at five.
This is just petty details but a heartbeat begins at the third week. More importantly, reflexes aren't present that early on, unless you have reputable evidence to suggest otherwise.

Quote:
The mother did not MAKE conception happen. She didn't connect the sperm to the egg and make it actually travel down the fallopian tubes and implant on her uterine wall. Even if she didn't use birth control, she still was not ACTUALLY responsible for the fertilization of the egg. That's just damn biology.
You're stumbling over your feet because you've made the claim that women are not responsible or did not make unconscious physiological processes happen in their bodies. In other words, it's the same as saying women are not responsible for feeling hungry, reacting by eating food and digesting the food.

Quote:
That baby is inside HER body. It belongs to HER. It's HER body to take care of. She should NEVER be told what she can and can't do with it. She should NEVER be CRIMINALIZED for making a choice about her body.
You're implying the fetus shares 100% DNA with its mother in order for it to be considered part of her body. The father plays a large role in the creation of the fetus but somehow the fetus shares none of his DNA? Even though the fetus is inside the mother, it is best thought of as a parasite in that it extracts nutrition from the mother, relies on her protection and so forth as it grows inside of her despite any discomfort and medical complications she faces as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
post birth abortion (Infant genocide) is a whole nother sickening situation, and I think that idea should be attacked and shot down... and women should have rights over their own bodies. PERIOD.
I agree with the notion that women should have rights of their bodies but I'm confused whether you're trying to draw parallels between abortion and infanticide, or if you're going on a tangent?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)