TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Trayvon Martin - May 9th 2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
I imagine that when Zimmerman and Trayvon "met"... aka. Trayvon confronted Zimmerman about being stalked... Zimmerman probably made his suspicions known in some sort of aggressive manner. Trayvon then probably took offence, played the race card... "is it 'cuz I'm black?"... and retaliated some way or other. I have a feeling thought that more likely perhaps he tried to back out and Zimmerman stopped him... which led to the fight. Whatever it is...

... I am convinced that the race card was probably pulled which made everything more tense. It almost always happens when there is some confrontation between different uneducated or immature people of different ethnicities, and amongst those, most commonly black people (just my experience and what I see). And it's fucking stupid.

But that's just how I think things might have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post

Agree to disagree on that one.

Why would he pull the race card? He was walking home from a convenience store. He was guilty by association because he was black and wearing hoodlum related clothing. Whether he had good intentions or bad, it didn't matter. To Zimmerman, he was just a hoodlum black boy and Zimmerman felt inferior. It wasn't so much the race card, it was racial profiling.
You know, the problem with this whole thing is that people KEEP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AND THEN TREAT IT AS FACT.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.