(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Maybe be pregnant still a teenager - May 14th 2012, 10:02 PM

Hey there,

Stressing isn't going to help the situation. If you're pregnant, stress can cause some serious health problems for your child. If you're not pregnant, it could cause problems with your cycle, making it come early, late or not at all.

First step: Find out if you're pregnant. Nobody here is a pregnancy test nor a doctor, and trying to say "Pregnant" or "Not pregnant" is physically impossible over the internet...even for licensed physicians. So, I would go to the nearest drug store and buy a pregnancy test. They are usually near the condoms and have no age restrictions in order to purchase them. If you can't afford name brand tests, I would head to the nearest dollar store, and buy one of those. They work just as accurately as name brand tests, even if they are for just a dollar.

When you take the test, follow a few simple steps:
  • Make sure the test isn't expired. There is an expiration date on all pregnancy tests, usually on the side of the package where you open the box. If the date has passed, do not purchase the test, and/or take the test if you already purchased it. It will give you a false reading.
  • Take the test first thing in the morning. Tests are most accurate when taken in the morning, when you first urinate after waking up. The hCG hormone, or pregnancy hormone, is at it's highest at that point during the day.
  • Read the directions. Simple as that.
  • Wait at least two weeks from the time you had intercourse to test. Anything before then will result in a false reading as your body wouldn't even know it had conceived.

If the test comes back negative, take a huge sigh of relief and then get on some birth control. Even if you're not in a relationship and/or having sex, birth control has plenty of benefits (like helping regulate periods and with PMS symptoms). You can acquire them from any free clinic, like Planned Parenthood, and sometimes even on a sliding fee scale. If birth control isn't an option for you, then buy condoms and keep them stored at room temperature until you decide to have sex again (but of course, always check the expiration date).

If the test is positive, abortion isn't your only option, and neither is raising the child. There is always adoption, and there are two kinds: a closed and an open. A closed adoption means that you have no contact with the child or his/her adoptive family until they are at least 18 years old...if you have contact at all. An open adoption means you can have communication with the child, and they MIGHT know you're their birth parent, but their adoptive parent would still have all the say in how to raise him/her.

Abortion isn't wrong. It may say that in the Bible, or whatever, but truly, it's a decision that a lot of woman have to make, and they are strong because they can go through something so emotional. It doesn't mean they were wrong for doing it. Some people just don't have the heart to let someone else raise their child, and they don't have the means of raising a child on their own.

Just find out if you're pregnant or not. It's the only way to know for sure.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011