View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Points: 12,167, Level: 16 Points: 12,167, Level: 16 Points: 12,167, Level: 16

Re: I'm a girl dating a girl and I need help - June 8th 2012, 02:58 AM

I am so sorry dear. I will probably be of no real use here but ill give it a shot...
I am in a relationship with a girl who is 17 and I am turning 19 next month. She still goes to our high school but I am off to college in the fall. Her mother is against well "gay relationships" of any kind. My mother however is a Lesbian and completely open about it though her girlfriend is not. How do I get around this? My Mother knows about My relationship with my girlfriend and her mother of course does not. I have to pretend like we are just friends which is not as easy as it sounds considering that I had to stay with them a while when I was kicked out of my house. I am however back home now. off topic... anyhow, I am not sure about the whole her telling you that you are being clingy and that she would never do that. I think that you should sit her down for a serious conversation and let her know that this is something that has been weighing on your mind for quite some time. Tell her how much she means to you, and while you do not want her to think you are clingy or any of the things that she said you just would like her to know where you are standing right now in the relationship. A relationship is buil on trust and you have to be able to be open with the person. I also want to let you know that you don't have to rush to "come out" if you are not ready to do so. It is something that takes time and you will know when the time is right. I actually just came out to my friends and my mom about a month ago. I know that this was probably not very helpful to you dear but I am in sort of the same situation except that I am the one going off to college and my girlfriend is still in high school. At any rate I would like you to know that I am here for you to talk to or anything you may need. Feel free to pm me at any time. I will check and always respond. Hope I was of some bit of help to you. Good luck.
~Much love~
Shoshana
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.