Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: How to Stay Christian in College - June 11th 2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cather View Post
I'm Mormon (and therefore Christian) and I don't see the point of that list at all.

We believe that sex is reserved for the sanctity of marriage, and to break the law of chastity has huge repercussions within the Church. The only reason I need in order to wait for marriage is my faith. I could not care less about that list and it has no impact on my decisions.

Though I'm pretty sure that whole point about living together not telling you anything about how a marriage would work out is pretty bogus.

The way I see it, the Lord has asked me to wait until marriage so I will. Does that suck sometimes? Yeah. But I'm firm enough in my faith to know that I will be blessed for doing so.

Why should I let words that are not of the Lord influence me? [regarding items of faith, etc. I don't want anyone twisting my words into something crazy like "so if a doctor tells you you have cancer but the Lord doesn't, you won't start chemo?" I feel like that always happens in religion debates...]
We are not of the same denomination of Christianity but I completely agree with what you said: my views exactly.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."