View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
ThisWillDestroyYou Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18

Re: How to Stay Christian in College - June 11th 2012, 03:02 PM

1. I wouldn't say marriage is the expression of love, but rather your actions of love expressing it to your spouse. That is, there are people married and the husband will beat the wife. So, then, just because he married her, means he expressed his love? I do believe, however, if you love someone, you should marry them because according the the Bible, "Love never fails." Thus, if you love someone, there SHOULD be a lasting commitment, though, I confess, this doesn't necessarily have to be marriage.

2. If this is talking about a practical standpoint, I disagree. However, now that I am married, I wish I had waited for my wife, and I wish she waited for me. Even if the sex was terrible at first.

3. I agree, but disagree. I believe living together can be a close representation of how things will be, but, my wife and I before we were married practically lived together, and, before I was a Christian, I lived with one of my exes. I will say that marriage IS different from just "living" with someone, and it makes things more difficult, especially when we fight. But, I would say living with someone would give you an idea of if you are compatible.

4. Sex inside marriage isn't necessarily romantic, either. The apostle Paul said if anyone struggles with lust, they should marry. And that he and his wife should come together for a time to fight temptation. So, according to Paul, sex was used to fight temptation. Soooooooooooooo romantic.

5. I don't see how this would be any different than in marriage, other than once the "lust" phase is gone, you are forced to stay with your partner, to a degree, if you're married. You can't just up and find a new partner (well, technically, I guess, you could).

6. Well, according to number 1, sex inside of marriage isn't the commitment, either.

7. I disagree, for a lot of people it is a need, but for others it is a want. It all comes down to the person. However, I don't believe this is a reason to be promiscuous.

8. I don't understand how this would be different from inside of marriage. The only difference I can see is that before I was married, sex was somewhat objectified in people to me. Yet, it still somewhat is. My love should go beyond sex. Again, why exactly does sex have to be your seal of love? I thought marriage was? He seems to contradict himself.

9. I would say that both get boring. That's why it has to be about more than just sex. But, to a degree, I agree with this. Promiscuity shows that you are bored.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan