View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: My girlfriend is a prude? - June 25th 2012, 02:27 AM

When I first began having sex, or becoming sexually active with a partner, it was difficult for me to open up to that person and have sex with the lights on. I've never had the perfect body, and it was strange for me to have someone see me completely naked, with bright lights highlighting all of my horrible qualities that I was SO sure they'd notice with all the lights turned on.

After a while though, I opened up and realized that they loved me for me and they weren't thinking about all the insecurities I was thinking of. Your girlfriend may be experiencing all of these kinds of things because she has some insecurities about her body. You may not realize this because she has never made those insecurities known to you.

Why not open up to her, and let her know that you don't care about what her body looks like, they you love her for her and not just her body. Maybe knowing this, she might be more willing to try having sex or being intimate with the lights on. Remember to take baby steps. If she doesn't want too, respect that and just learn to see without all the bright lights shining on the two of you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011