View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Lumberjack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,533, Level: 12 Points: 7,533, Level: 12 Points: 7,533, Level: 12

Girlfriend has an inferiority complex - June 26th 2012, 10:16 PM

Basically my girlfriend and I have been dating for 8 months to this date and we've stuck it out together and we always love each other in the end but we have A LOT of rough spots...

I know people will say we should just end it and find other people but we do really love each other and if we were going to end it cause we didn't think it was going to work out, we would've done so sooner and not gone through 8 months together, through the bad and the amazing

We're both 18 and within the next week and 1/2 we will both be 19. It seems to me that my girlfriend has a bit of an inferiority complex. She was a girl from a small town and that's how she grew up and what she knows. I'm from the city and so we both have pretty different views on some things. Also only her mom is in her life (her dad hasn't spoken to her in 2 years) and she is not wealthy whatsoever but that doesn't bother me in the slighest...I don't say anything about it at all.

The problems we have all seem to occur because she thinks I think of myself as this "Big city boy" who is smarter than her, has rich, successful parents and will become that later on in life and how I think my life is just SO much better than hers.

The fact is though that I wouldn't be able to be with someone if I thought I was a lot better than that person... I was brought up to respect all walks of life and how "everyone has their own path" and I don't see anyone as better or worse than me...we're all just different.

So the problem I has is that no matter what I try telling my girlfriend..she just won't believe that I love her the way she is and that I see us as equals in every shape and form.

Does anyone have any tips or anything to help me out with this??

If you need to know anything else, please let me know - this really means a lot to me and you "guys" helped me out a lot before!

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Lumberjack; June 26th 2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Changed title.