View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
PhantomMichaeliS Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Prussia

Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12

Unhappy I suck at my job and I'm harrassed at work. Help? - July 23rd 2012, 03:27 AM

I started work at a Kroger grocery store a week ago as a cart-pusher and overall assistant and it hasn't been fun. My co-workers are lifeless and mean, my managers are over-critical and make me feel like dirt, and the people who shop are rude.

I've got kind of a sob-story going on here. I'm feeling like I need some advice really badly here. I have no idea what to do. This is my first job and I don't want to screw things up, but at the same time I don't want to work in a place where its going to be as bad as its been every day.

Today was probably the worst day ever. I got my paycheck and they forgot to add an additional 8 hours I had worked. I told the manager in charge of my payroll and refused to change anything. That left me with $23.17 for the week and I can't afford to pay my bills.

Also, a couple of 13 year old boys were calling me fat and stupid as I pushed carts while they sat in their dad's car. I don't take things to heart, but these punks were not making my day great. Because of store policy, I'm not allowed to do anything and there was no way I could alert my managers at the time.

Like I would want to tell my managers anyway. Even though I am a new hire and I am technically dirt because I do the crap job for little pay, my managers have a way of rubbing it in and making me feel especially inferior. You know that feeling when you're treated like a little child and adults baby talk you through things and make sure you know exactly what youre doing? I got a lecture for having complaints against me and I had to go through all the basics again. I admit, I was slacking a bit, but the things I was slacking off were not related to what I was being accused of.

A few of my co-workers just hate me or something. They're all guys ages 17-20 and one girl about 23. Maybe its because I'm fat? Or nice? Or quiet? Or I like anime? Or because I'm new? Anyway, they all like to place blame on me for not doing things or doing things that I shouldn't, or point out every little thing I'm doing wrong. I got in trouble with my managers "for spending too much time inside" and "not pushing your weight in carts". (another fat joke. I hate my life). All the complaints were made by these co-workers.

One of my co-workers also got a talking to because I told my manager he was heckling me. When he came out of the managers office, he starting bragging to me how the manager said he was a "stellar worker who goes above and beyond expectations". He's got no personality, no work ethic, and he's one of those people who's always right no matter what.

It's been a week and I'm ready to quit. On my way home, I cried and I don't do that much either. Help me please?