Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Swimming whilst on period?
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Points: 13,275, Level: 16 Points: 13,275, Level: 16 Points: 13,275, Level: 16

Re: Swimming whilst on period? - July 24th 2012, 05:54 PM

Yep Just like the others said, you can wear a tampon while in and around the lake. Like Jen mentioned, the water will actually stop your period, but many girls wear a tampon if they are going to be around the water for the simple reason that if they are not going to be in the water 100% of the time, their period will start back up again shortly after they are out of the water. You wouldn't want to necessarily take that risk, but that's up to you.

If you don't wear tampons though, I'm not sure what you could do as far as swimming goes while you were there. If that was the case, I'm not sure if there is another way you can go swimming without wearing one. Hope this was helpful! Talking to your friend about it is another good option, it can be helpful to have someone there who knows what's going on in case you need a buddy that knows how to help you(if say... you thought something leaked for example). Good luck!

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3