View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: friends with ex?! - July 25th 2012, 02:42 PM

Well honestly I think it depends on how close you were when you both started dating and how the break up itself happened. If you both just kinda jumped into the dating relationship, it will be a lot harder to remain friends with this guy. Or if the break up didn't go very well, that can also make it hard to remain friends.

I'm not sure how long ago it was that you both broke up, but remember to give him some time initially. A break up's going to hurt regardless of how close the both of you two were beforehand or whether or not you two want to end up being friends. I think after you give things some time, you can casually talk to him and maybe see if he wants to still continue a friendship. What this is going to take in my opinion, anyway, is communication. Communicate with him your desire to remain friends and see what happens. Sometimes, depending on your ex, remaining friends can be really hard to accomplish. But if the relationship was a good one(not abusive, not harmful to you or him), the break up itself ended well, and you guys started out close friends, I think you have a good chance of being able to remain friends with this guy. But it depends on the guy so you'll have to see. Hope everything turns out.

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3