Thread: help me
View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
psych5529 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lauren

Re: help me - August 13th 2012, 02:25 AM

Hi doll, I wont tell you not to feel the way you do because i know from experience no matter what anyone tries to tell you your perception of yourself wont change. My advice to you is music. Find some songs that inspire you to get up and move and no matter how silly you feel just dance around forget everything for a brief moment. What helps alot is going for a run or even just a walk to clear your mind. Grab your ipod, download some calming music and music that you can relate to and just leave your home for a few hours. If you start doing this about 3 -5 times a week i promise it will make you feel better gradually and you will see your body making small changes. You can also change your eating habits if you don't like what you see in the mirror(which is perfectly common for a young adult) But trust me when i tell you this, there is no need to do harm to yourself. In the long run that will only give you the opposite effect of what you are seeking. Write down a future goal list also. I personally do this periodically to remind myself of the good things about me and what goals i am striving towards. I wish you the best of luck, and please don't hesitate to message me!! Another piece of advice every time you are thinking of doing harm write "love" on your arm it will remind you that their are people who care about you and remember your not the only one.