View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Discontinuity Offline
arizona iced out boys
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cheyenne

Points: 7,432, Level: 12 Points: 7,432, Level: 12 Points: 7,432, Level: 12

Re: Going to the doctor's with scars and cuts... - August 19th 2012, 05:29 AM

Whoa, okay. I caught a lot of 'ruining my future' in that post, so let's examine that. Getting counselling and being put on antidepressants is actually a positive things. I'm not sure if you're willing to begin recovery yet, but even if you aren't, this could be a sign. The tools you need to get better and stop cutting are there--all you need to do is take advantage of them. If your doctor knows about your cutting and has prescribed you medication to help with your mood, then I'm guessing the scars on your leg will be a non-issue. Try not to be super paranoid, TH is a pretty safe place. Going through counselling and starting on antidepressants is a positive thing and I doubt it will ruin your future. If anything, it'll make your future possible. The feelings you're having don't go away on their own, and it'll be pretty hard to pursue a career in the air force or FBI dealing with a self harm addiction. You gotta just take this and run with it. If you need a chat, msg me xoxo

“But some people can’t tell where it hurts. They can’t calm down. They can’t ever stop howling.”
- Margaret Atwood

questions about BPD? PM me.

blog.