(#14 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Points: 11,159, Level: 15 Points: 11,159, Level: 15 Points: 11,159, Level: 15

Re: Doctor Who - September 4th 2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morrigan View Post
I liked it but at the same time I didn't. I don't get the whole human dalek things. The daleks hate all other races and think they're superior to everyone else so I don't really get why they would make those human-y dalek things.

I don't know what the big deal with Oswin is either. She's not a bad character but I don't think she's a super awesomely awesome character either >.>
It isn't the first time the Daleks have made use of other species in their plans. It's not that they like them, they are clearly superior, but they have created 'experiment' so to speak, before. (Dalek Sek, <-- imagine new ways of surviving; clearly they weren't superior) It's a recurring theme since the 60's, basically Humans (or at least the doctor) have defeated Daleks time and time again and it is because of these 'Human qualities' that the Daleks cannot win. It's an obsession I think.
Oswin was intelligent, obviously above the rest of her ship and perhaps this is why she received special treatment, but she overcame the Dalek mindset and spared the doctor - was it an attempt to trap and finally kill the Doctor?
Although, just like Amy, I sorta can't imagine the series without her being annoying...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...?newsfeed=true

...."Unless this is all a big setup to have a fully robotic, furious Dalek as the Doctor's next assistant, because I'd be fully behind that decision. Especially if it kept trying to kill Matt Smith in increasingly complicated ways. Road Runner in space. Who wouldn't love that?" That would hilarious, I can imagine it sort of Benny Hill style haha.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.