Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Rape Is Natural
View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Age of Ignorance Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Re: Rape Is Natural - September 6th 2012, 11:35 PM

Are we attempting to make legal arguments here? Rape is not unnatural, fine, but it is still illegal. Rape is not about dominance, fine, I can accept that, but that doesn't make it any less illegal or immoral. It's about sex, fine, that's cool, I can accept that also. Well, I can accept that on one premise: murder is not unnatural (excuse the double negative; "it is natural" would give a different impression) and is about killing someone; assault and battery are not unnatural and are about direct contact with someone; statutory rape is not unnatural and is about dominance; sexual assault is not unnatural and is about getting to touch or grope someone's privates (ew, cooties).

See what I'm getting at?

Point is, at law, you don't need a specific motive to commit a crime. You only require the motive to perform the non-mens rea elements of the crime. Whether it's about dominance or sex, it doesn't matter - the main thing is that you intended to perform the elements that constitute the crime.

And further, "rape" itself is strictly a legal concept. I wouldn't go so far as to devise a motive for any social or psychological aspects of it.

Last edited by Age of Ignorance; September 6th 2012 at 11:41 PM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.