View Single Post
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23

Re: Doctor Who - September 10th 2012, 12:29 AM

Well first off she's related to someone whose favourite episode is Fear Her. Strike 1.

She's thinking this deeply about a kid's show. Strike 2.

Moffat wrote Blink. Strike 3.

I don't get the complaining. I haven't seen episode 2 yet but episode 1 rocked. It was fun again. We live in a generation that, when anything remotely gay gets mentioned, must be analysed. So she went through a phase. SO FUCKING WHAT. Tumblr thinks it's the Lady Gaga of social media and everything must be somewhat gay. That offends me because it's nonsense. Imagine the outcry there would be on there if there was fanfiction about making gay characters straight.

Also, everything happens in one episode? Uh, yeah. Last season that didn't happen because of an arc involving the Doctor dying popping up in episode 1 and being resolved in the finale. And last season sucked. Monster-of-the-week episodes, such as those of 9 and 10, are miles better.

But really, above all else, if you don't like a TV show, find a new fucking TV show. I see this all the time in music - people complain that bands have sold out, or they're not as good anymore. Okay, you're entitled to that opinion, but the minute you start talking down to people for enjoying a band's music then you become an asshole.

It's an impressive lecture, but I think it's just someone who's got far too much time on their hands and puts far too much effort into trying to enjoy a TV show made for children. Either watch it or don't - there's always HBO.