View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
better-than-ecstasy Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Points: 25,799, Level: 23 Points: 25,799, Level: 23 Points: 25,799, Level: 23

LGBT Targeted in National Suicide Prevention Strategy - September 12th 2012, 02:06 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

The title basically says it all. Teens part of the LGBT community are said to more likely attempt or commit suicide due to bullying, or people just being prejudice. Here is the link to the full story and I guess ways to prevent LGBT suicide: http://news.yahoo.com/lgbt-suicide-targeted-national-suicide-prevention-strategy-213754626.html?_esi=1

Honestly I think it is great that people are trying to prevent suicide, but why wait until now to realize that LGBT people tend to commit suicide as well as any others? I don't think suicides should just be more focused on the LGBT community, but its nice that people want to prevent others from taking their own lives.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight