Age of Ignorance Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Re: Talking about religion - September 19th 2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope To Cope View Post
Jay.
And that is what being an awesome aussie takes What up?!
Jay,

I just want to comment on the "awesome aussie" part. Before I ask a question, I'd just like to say that it might be slightly off-topic, but I'm curious in a religious context (as opposed to a general or cultural context). So, I'm curious, what exactly do you think makes an "awesome aussie"? Do "awesome aussies" have to associate themselves with a particular religion, or do we merely have to accept religious institutes?

On topic, I'm an Atheist. Well, I'm an Atheist to the extent that I'm indifferent. I do not really care at all. I only care so far as I think associating oneself with a particular religious institute is folly, and that I think impromptu conversations on religion or beliefs are a slight annoyance. That being said, I'm generally curious about religion. I like to know how people think, and if people are influenced subjectively by a particular belief system, I'd like to know how it affects those thoughts. So, to a certain degree, I'm happy discussing religious beliefs. However, if I get any impression that someone is trying to push their beliefs onto me, or start a debate about their beliefs, I'll stop the conversation, because nothing is going to make me change my mind, and whilst I'm accepting of religious beliefs, I don't like them being thrust upon me. I tend to bite when people try to do it.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 946870 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!