Asteria Polemoi Offline
Female Oddity
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Points: 7,393, Level: 12 Points: 7,393, Level: 12 Points: 7,393, Level: 12

Re: Talking about religion - September 20th 2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwirth View Post
I was wondering what other people's view on discussing religion is. I mean if you are Catholic would you sit down and have civil conversation with a Hindu? or if you are Seventh Day Adventist would you talk to a Mormon? And when I say talk I mean listen to...try and see their side and stuff.
My view on this is WHY NOT!?!? It's not wrong to learn about other faiths and connect with others who are of a different faith then you. Knowledge is power and leads to wisdom. And these type of discussions are great for getting rid of stereotypes too.
Thoughts?
Yeah, I would. Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean I'm better than anybody and I can't talk to anyone. It's stupid to just be like, "Oh, yeah, I'm so much better because I have different religious views and I can't be in the presence of such morons." I don't know about you, but that goes against the whole being Christlike thing us Christians strive to be. :P
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 946870 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!