View Single Post
  (#5942 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 29th 2012, 10:10 PM

I'm so annoyed at you. I never want to work with you ever again after this. This whole thing has caused me such stress and such annoyance. I really really commend your enthusiasm and the effort you're putting in to get involved with this production, but I think you've been taking it too far on some levels and I think it's affected our friendship forever.

I think you're being really unfair to C about not being able to make it on Sunday. I understand that it's an important run-through but he seems to have a very valid reason and to be honest I fully agree with him. It's college for him - as he said in his very thoughtfully laid -out message which BY THE WAY WAS CORRECTLY SPELT AND INVOLVED THE USE OF GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION, MAKING IT ACTUALLY LEGIBLE, and as he said it won't happen on any other Sundays. It's not like his absence will hugely affect our performance - he's only in 3 scenes, for Christ's sake. I think he explained himself well and apologised as much as possible and I think you're being unreasonable.

In fact, I think you're being unreasonable about everything. I understand you have high standards and it's probably good for us to be pushed, but not to this level. We're an amateur company - we're not making money from this, so it's unfair that we've all given up so so much time, tie which could have been used to earn money, in order for this. Five days a week is a ridiculous rehearsal schedule in my opinion, especially when we've been at this since June and we still have another 4 weeks.

Your attitude is really bad as well, I think. I know you just want the best from us but when we're constantly being put down and discouraged it's hard to keep up the energy you want. When all that all of us are getting is criticism for a scene it's very difficult to focus on the positive. I hate that you treat us as though you expect us to let you down - when facebook messages read 'DO NOT LET ME DOWN GUYS' it just wrecks the positive mood. We weren't planning on letting you down. It's not going to happen. But the fact that you're expecting us to isn't nice or encouraging in any way.

I hate doing laps to 'warm-up' - fair enough every once in a while, but not every rehearsal. It interferes with my breathing for the breathing exercises which come straight afterwards. I'm asthmatic and I know this about myself. I also hate how repetitive our warm-ups are. I hate that we've been doing the exact same warm-up routine four times a week for the last four months. I need something new to get rid of the bluhhh feeling of doing the same thing so repetitively I could warm up in my sleep (ironically.)

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.