(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Parents and cutting - October 15th 2012, 08:02 PM

Hi there.

Your dad and his girlfriend could definately have been a little more senstive but I can see their point in some aspects. Suicide, I think is a selfish act. I am not saying the intention is selfish - someone has to be hurting badly to even think of it but the act itself is. It leaves loved ones behind with so much hurt and so many questions. It's a hard thing for people to have to cope with. Some people will attempt suicide in order to cry for help which can seem attention seeking, but it isn't. And I can understand why you might be upset and annoyed with what was said.

However, you are YOU. Not your friend and that means that if you were to talk to your dad and his girlfriend, YOU would have the chance to explain how it is for you and to some what educate them on the subject. Not meaning you're going to sit and teach them about but if you let the in on their struggles, it a learning journey for them too. And maybe if they knew it was you, who they are obviously closer to that your friend, it might hit home and help them realise that you don't self harm for attention and so on. But if you were to tell them, you might well have to go into detail and explain so they can began to somewhat understand you.

However, if you don't feel able to talk to them, that's fine. Talk to another trusted adult because you don't have to be alone in this. People do care and there are people who will understand you, okay? You can do this and you're worth a lot so keep on fighting.

Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018