View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
escape_thereal_world Offline
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Lonely site.. - October 26th 2012, 07:58 PM

I felt the same way when I first joined, and a few times as a Staff member even. However, I learned I need to reach out, otherwise people might assume you are here to only post on the forum and have no interest in making friends.

So, when I feel down, I'll randomly message someone. Staff members are generally a good choice, especially Buddies. The Chat Room has it's times where it is pretty quiet, but there are times when it gets crowded and can be really fun.

Another suggestion is to post in Chit-Chat. You can post something random and get into a discussion about anything. This has helped me make friends before. Along with that, I found the more I posted to other's threads, the more replies I got back. Mostly because you are putting your name out there and saying "Hey, people. I'm here. I'm active. I'm nice. Let's chat!"

So don't give up on this place yet. Reach out! Sometimes threads go unanswered It's unfortunate and Staff try to prevent that from happening. But sometimes we miss it. If a thread hasn't been answered in a week (no answers since you first posted) then try making a HelpLink request as they WILL respond, or get on LiveHelp when it is open to get a quicker response. You could also attempt PMing one of the moderators of that forum, but keep in mind they are busy as they have to moderate the forum as well as their main position (HelpLink, LiveHelp, Buddy).

Try some of these options and see what happens.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.