(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Eating disorder; What's helped you? - November 15th 2012, 11:15 AM

Hi guys.

So, as some of you know I go to an ED group every other Tuesday. Now, no one there knows about the problems I have with my eating, but there's a mum who goes into the carers group (where I go) and sometimes her son comes and he husband came this week for the first time. Her daughter is severely bulimic and it's left her ill with physical health. Right now she's severely underweight too. It's been taking over her life and she doesn't dare come into the group (she would go to the sufferers group).

Anyhow, I was thinking about printing some things of which I've found helpful and things I know off and having a work with her mum at the end of the next session in private to be honest with her and tell her I've struggled with similar things to her daughter (ask her to respect my privacy ) and give her the things I will have printed of to try and help her daughter through this.

I was wondering if anyone with Anorexia, Bulimia, EDNOS etc has an idea's I can use which you've found helpful in your recovery.

Thanks!

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018