Thread: "Doesn't work"
View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: "Doesn't work" - December 1st 2012, 04:59 AM

I totally agree that there are probably just some server issues going on that are causing the site to go down a lot. This is a site that many people frequent daily, and therefore a server like this may be having issues and go down. There needs to be more maintenance on it, but like what was previously mentioned, this site is nonprofit and would need the time and money, but not everyone is capable of donating.

It is really frustrating when it goes down and I'll admit I haven't been the most patient with it coming up some of the time due to relying on the site too much. I think that everyone should find a way to cope when the site is down. For instance, they can copy the numbers of hotlines they may frequently use down, as well as alternatives to self harm, reasons to live, and anything else they may find helpful to them so that it is right there at their disposal. I know that you may want to write on the forums, call in to Live Help, or send in a ticket to HelpLINK. Those will all be there when the site goes back up, and in the meantime you can write out your problems in a piece of paper or on the computer somewhere to vent them out, and you can post and ask for advice when it gets back. You can try to get in touch with people, whether they are THers (be safe, though!) or friends in real life as well for support.

Try to find things to pass the time, such as games or reading a good book. It'll be back up before you know it.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 971532 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!