Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Medication amounts - December 2nd 2012, 03:14 AM

Hey guys,

Jenna and I were discussing something that we see a lot all over the forum, specifically in blogs, but I also see it a lot in Depression and Suicide along with chat. We've seen some inconsistencies with editing out medication amounts. Now, for overdoses, we noticed that these are fairly often edited out, such as here (report here.) However, it is not edited out here, nor is there a Triggering-prefix.

Now, we were wondering if there is an official rule about medication amount, along with things such as laxatives or alcohol amounts like this blog right here for laxatives, things that are not usually deadly but can be.

1) Should we edit out all overdoses?
Obviously, overdose amounts are triggering, along with could inspire other ideas out of our users, such as finding out that x amount of something is deadly.

2) Should we edit out all amounts?
While I understand that some amounts may be clearly asking for advice, such as wanting advice from the amount of medication, we are not doctors and I'm not sure it's ever actually necessary for advice. But that's why I wanted the opinion!

3) Triggering-prefix all amounts?
This could be a good inbetween, but it still allows the larger ones here.

Thanks mods!

something burning?