Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

March 30th 2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
If you're referring to me then I assure you I wrote it with a great deal of emotion, I would get very heated over the debate. There is just no need to make my point less coherent by throwing unecessary emotions into the face of the person I'm trying to explain things too. I "have faith" in a great deal of things and I can't see anything in this thread that you can extrapolate "I am dead inside" from.
I mean what are you? Sigmund Freud or something? Being able to look at one sentence and decifer someone's whole emotional outlook, that's just amazing.

There is a huge difference between making sense and talking a jumble of nonsense words.
I wasn't referring to you at all, Jack. If you wrote it with a great deal of emotion, then that's good. That's means you're not one of the crazy science driven people who believe science rules the Earth and there's no reason for emotion in humanity.

I can get very heated as well, but since I'm Christian, people might as well spit in my face, burn my bibles, beat me up, and I shouldn't turn into a violent raging monster. Even though I'm not fully for the "peace be with you" side of Jesus, him and I know how each other works.

We all took English since we were children. Hopefully a few people have the same "amazing" ability as to "read" and "decifer" as I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Surely the only way to prove something doesn't exist is lack of proof that it does exist? Otherwise why not believe in unicorns or the tooth fairy?
Funny. They just might have existed. Unicorns, that is.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with their bulls. (Isaiah 34:7)

And as I was considering, behold, a he-goat came from the west over the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes. (Daniel 8:5)

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Jack; March 30th 2009 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Posts Merged